Appuldurcombe house is situated in the village of Wroxall, north of Ventnor. The park was landscaped by Capability Brown.
This once great house begun in 1701, is now largely a ruin.
The house has been used as a monastery and a Public (fee paying) School.
The house, unoccupied and already in a poor state of repair, was hit by a mine in 1943. A Dornier Do 217 was engaged in a mine laying mission on 7th February 1943 when the plane turned inland and dropped its final mine before crashing into St Martin's Down.
A craft fayre held at Appuldurcombe in 1997. A local artist is busy producing a masterpiece.